The PE and Sport Premium is funding allocated by the government to improve the quality of physical education (PE) and sports in primary schools. It aims to increase participation of children in daily physical activities to enable them to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
How to best use the PE and Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium can be best utilised by schools to bring about significant improvements to the quality of physical education and sports provisions they offer. These funds are best used to develop current and add new provisions that shall benefit children in the long run.
You can install various types of apparatus and playground markings such as:
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Trim Trails
- Fitness Stations
- Multi-Use Goal End Units
- Tri-Play and Play Frames
- Thermoplastic Playground Markings including:
- Themed Sports and Activity Trails
- Court Markings including, football, netball, basketball, tennis and hockey
- Activity Spots
- Running Tracks
- Wake and Shake Activities
You can also consider bringing about following improvements using Sports Premium Funding:
- Hire qualified sports coaches that collaborate with teachers.
- Provide current staff with training and resources to enable them to teach PE and sports activities more efficiently.
- Support and motivate the least active children to participate in activities through sports clubs and Change4Life clubs.
- Run varying types of sports competitions throughout the year.
- Motivate students to participate in school games.
- Collaborate with other schools to organise sports and games tournaments.
If you want to talk about new ideas on how to use sports premium funds, then talk to us. You can call us on 01949 861 486.